Kidney is one of the most vital organs in human body. It is responsible to perform an important function of the body. It filters waste from your blood and excretes that waste out of the body in the form of urine. Kidney also helps the human body to maintain the body fluid and electrolyte balance. A kidney transplant is also known as a renal transplant. A kidney transplant is a surgery used to insert the healthy kidney to a patient. Donors are typically family members or persons who are no longer live. The cost of kidney transplant in India varies from hospital to hospital and city to city, Dr.Waheed Zaman with years of experience and in-depth knowledge will surely help to reduce cost of kidney transplant and post transplant cases.
A kidney transplant is surgery to place a healthy kidney from a donor into your body. A donor is a person who has just died or a living person, most often a family member. A kidney from someone who has just died is a deceased donor kidney. However, not every patient is suitable for kidney transplant surgery and procedure because of its limitations.
Kidney Transplantation is typically classified as
- Deceased-Donor (formerly known as cadaveric) where organ from brain dead individual is utilized.
- Living-donor transplantation organ from related (living-related) or non-related (living-unrelated) donor depending on whether a biological relationship exists between the donor and recipient is used.
Some of Precaution Before Kidney Transplantation
- The donor should not be diabetic.
- The donor should be healthy and also typically blood relative in family or brain dead cadavaric donor.
- There is also a big shortage of organ donors.
- After transplant, life long medicines are required along with periodic checkups with specialists to avoid rejection of the transplanted kidney.
Renal transplantation at Max Super Speciality Hospital(Shalimar Bagh)
At Max Hospital, we have done more than 1000 successful Kidney Transplant in last 4 years since it’s inception. The department of Kidney transplant have state of art operation theatre, transplant ICU for post operative care. This also provides supportive care to critically ill patients who might be in need of special dialysis called CRRT(Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy). Only few centres in India have this specialized form of dialysis.